Saturday 11 February 2012

Pre-marathon-training-training...

The training for my marathon officially begins next week. So, how do I feel about where I am now, before it all starts? A little scared to be honest. Can I stick to the plan? Can I get in enough hills? Will there be enough daylight to get the miles in? Currently, I'm being beaten at my own game in the distance challenge, I think I came last in January. Not looking good this month either...
Not exactly sure what is holding me back at this time? I do have reasons/excuses for not going out, but I'm sure they're not the most convincing of arguments.
'I don't have anyone to run with.' This is true. But, both Vicky and Steve are available if I can just get them organised.
'It's dark.' Yeah? and I have a headtorch. It is a bit dodgy round here, not for being mugged, but for getting run over. Which takes me onto...
'I have to drive to get anywhere decent.' That only matters once in a while surely? And also dangerous if something happens, which takes me back to the first excuse.

I don't want to be stood on the start line filled with doubt. Well, no more doubt than normal anyway!
I have just 5 months to get my act together...

No comments:

Post a Comment