Friday 14 March 2014

Legs feel better, but now the rest of me is broken :(

During the last couple of weeks, my legs have felt mashed the whole time but on Monday they felt quite ok. I'd rested up Friday and Saturday previously and we did a walk on Sunday.
I jogged down to club and Rob had us on a rolling relay/Fartlek type session. I quite enjoyed it and had a couple of sprint-offs against different people!

At work all week, so didn't do anything extra until Club again on Wednesday. I was starting with 'a funny feeling' in my throat and was concerned I was going to come down with a cold. So, I just took it a little steady as I figured I would soon be too ill to do anything!

I was right.

Thursday morning and my worst fears were confirmed, I had indeed got a cold. Due to spend the next two days in a conference, so it wasn't the end of the world. However, by lunchtime I was feeling decidedly queasy and by mid-afternoon was actually sick!! Felt a bit better after that and managed the rest of the days talks and the members meeting.
I felt starving come dinner time, but my battered tummy filled up quickly. Hung on until the raffle was drawn (didn't win anything this time) then went to bed.

Friday I had planned a pre-breakfast run on the Stray (as we were staying in Harrogate) but I decided against it as my bpm and blood pressure was still up. I did however have a quick stroll between breakfast and the start of today's talks.
Back at work mid-afternoon but by about 3pm I was fading fast and 5 o'clock couldn't come fast enough.

Thankfully, I don't have any specific training planned this weekend so I can rest up, but it does mean this week has been particularly poor mileage wise. I need this to clear as I can feel it burning all the way down my windpipe and into my lungs. Trying to run will just make it worse. Bugger.

No comments:

Post a Comment