Saturday 14 June 2014

Catching up#1 - Ossy Oiks

Or maybe it should be down and up?

On a bit of a downer following Reeth 20k. Skipped TWO club sessions that week but still went out with Hils. Both of us nursing niggles so actually had a slow run for a change.

Going onto my full time rotation at work has knocked me for six (going from working 3 days a week to 6 is a bit of a shock to the system!) coupled with a two week long stint in the insomnia camp took the wind clean out of my sails.

On the 18th I managed to make the most of the May sunshine and got out for a very steady 10.5 mile run from home. Took 2.5 hours but quite enjoyed it.

Then on Wednesday it was time to race again, having skipped the first in the fell summer series. Ossy Oiks, one of my faves! Not sure why really cos it's not exactly easy! Three climbs, two of them killers followed by a near vertical descent! The weather was kind and I enjoyed the run, didn't manage to run all the way up Beacon Hill this year though :(
Somehow, I was the only one covered in mud at the end??
When the results came in, I was a little disappointed to find I was a full 4 minutes slower than last year. Grr, that's a lot over a short distance (5.3 miles).

Now it's Bank Holiday Monday and the sun is out once more and I have yet to do anything productive with my day.
I have a half marathon in three weeks which is going to kick my arse again if I don't get it into gear!!

PS - on the knee/ITB front I have been rollering, stretching and doing hip/glute specific exercises and so far so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment