Tuesday 4 February 2014

Best laid plans...

Yesterday, Monday, I went for a 10 mile run on legs tired from Sundays hike. The weather was overcast and windy, nothing to really comment on. It stayed dry which was good. The route is a classic taking in Cockerdale, A170, the villages of Scawton and Cold Kirby, Sutton Bank and part of the Cleveland Way.
I did get chased by some ponies and met some rather sinister sheep, but it was otherwise uneventful. I was close to bonking about 1/2 mile from the finish, but I held it together and got back in one piece.

That evening was Sonja's session at club. I was really quite tired but I'm still collecting membership subs, so I thought I'd go down and 'take it easy'. Ha.
After getting warmed up with drills and dynamic stretching, we got into the session, with the promise of 'something else' if there was time afterwards...
So, we worked in threes, and did 10x burpees, 10x mountain climbers, 10x Star jumps then did 3 minutes of skipping!
Then we did 15 of each, then 20 of each exercise, along with skipping each time.
As we caught our breath, Sonja explained the 'something else'. Oh dear, the same exercises (but without the skipping) for 12 reps, then 11, then 10 and so on all the way down to 1.
It took us 9 minutes to complete. Everyone was done afterwards, but we all did it! So much for taking it easy! The burpees were getting harder and harder as I had no 'spring' in my legs after this mornings hilly run.
Sonja stretched us out afterwards.
More of the same next week apparently...

Today was meant to be the 'Multisport Challenge' from the chaps at We Love a Challenge on Facebook. My intention was to run down to the sports centre, swim, run home. However, the power went off mid morning. When I rung Northern Power Grid, they said most of town was affected. I didn't know if this included the pool and really didn't fancy a cold, dark swim. By the time power was restored, I was too hungry to think about running and swimming and had food instead. I wont get another chance to complete this challenge until Sunday now as the times the pool is available doesn't fit well with the times I am available. Oh well.

On the plus side, I have now got a load of stuff done for club and got this updated.

And for those who are interested, I got a new PB at last weeks Time Trial- 2 miles in 14:31. Nice one.

Another side note, also need to get some maps sorted to go in the 'Hiking and Running Routes' section over there on the right of this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment