Sunday 13 October 2013

Cackleberry's Blog, Supplemental.

Yeah, been watching to much Star Trek...

I have made the decision to try taking some supplemements, I already take cod liver oil and Glucosamine, but I've added in iron and vitB12. I do all the healthy eating, exercise (dhur) and drinking plenty of fluids but rarely feel full of energy. So, I thought I'd give them a whirl. I just wondered how long before I notice a difference? I've been taking them a full week and as yet don't feel overflowing with vim and vigour. Maybe it just doesn't work like that? I'd like to hear if any of you have had experience with such things.

On a similar note, I have also got hold of some S!CAPS electrolyte replacement capsules in an attempt to stop me throwing up on long runs. I've tried eating real food as I didn't want to take supplements for running, but I just can't physically eat enough to stop it.
S!CAPS

I don't like the idea of taking any of the above supplements by the way, I'm a big advocate of being all natural. But, I know I don't get enough iron in my daily diet (liver and kale anyone?) and B12 goes hand in hand with that. And bonking on a long run is just dammed unpleasant. I'm also happy to wait and give the B12 time to work, just don't want to give up too early if you know what I mean!

Anyway, a medium run is calling and it's raining. nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment