Wednesday 21 December 2011

To Streak or Not To Streak?

Don't worry, I'm not planning on getting naked...

I'm a little bored with my distance challenge, and am lacking motivation. So, partly inspired by Brian Stallwood who is seeing how many consecutive runs he can do (over 120 last time I checked) and others on Fetch etc, I wondered about streaking in the New Year. Now, I don't know if a streak is something you plan, or if it evolves naturally, without you noticing at first.
I don't want to say too much publicly at this stage, in case I fail miserably, but I think it's worth a go.
Some ground rules need to be established first, what constitutes a qualifying run to make a streak. Well, any run over 1 mile counts. As does a Harriers session I guess. Normally, walking wouldn't be counted at all, but I am a walker before a runner, so I'm going to include walks over 5 miles. That may be amended, we'll see.
Also, I don't know whether to set a target, because a target implies there is an end, which is at odds with the concept of streaking in the first place. In theory though, I'd like to do 100 days as that would take me nicely into my marathon training...

I'm having food related palpitations. Hate those, don't know if I should worry or not?

Hmm, time for work anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment